This section provides users with the SOP (standard operating procedure) for clearing the BIOS password check and recovering the BIOS for the Aspire One 522.
Clearing Password Check
Note : The following procedure is only for clearing BIOS Password (Supervisor Password and User Password).
Steps for Clearing BIOS Password Check
If a BIOS password (Supervisor Password and/or User Password) is set, the BIOS will prompt for the password at system POST or upon entering the BIOS setup menu.
Clear the password check with the following procedure:
- Remove AC adapter.
- Locate the RTC_RST point (A)
- Short two points of jumpers
- Plug in AC adapter.
- Press Power button until BIOS POST is finished
- Remove conductivity tool from RCT_RST point.
- Restart the system and press F2 to enter BIOS Utility Setup menu.
- If no password prompt is shown, BIOS password is cleared.
- If password prompt is shown, repeat steps poin one through nine.may be useful : Rahmat Rijalun